Friday, September 25, 2015

Different Melodies with Common Interest

It amazes me how different and how similar people can be at the same time. I’m not sure if this make a whole lot of sense to you but the way I picture it out in my head seems very clear. I will try to explain…
Often times I feel like I have nothing in common with my friends. Take me for example, I like to make ringtones and I like to stay indoors, my friend Zach enjoys cars and going out to drink while Josh can talk on and on. Anyone who saw us together would think that we really have nothing in common which would not be surprising since even our ways of dressing are completely different! But the one thing that brings us together and makes us such great friends is our love for music.
The three of us like to get together every once in awhile to enjoy good music and have occasional jamming sessions. We can spend hours and hours just sitting down, listening to music and talking about basically anything under the sun.
We’re different but we all have a common interest that binds us together and sometimes, our differences even come in handy!
For instance, a lot of my friends ask me to make ringtones for them and I get a small fee out of this. Because of Josh’s great knowledge on technology, I often ask him for advice when it comes to programs and other stuff like that and he is always such a big help. He even likes to keep me updated on cool stuff he finds for as long as I listen to him talk about it for what oftentimes feels like hours! And Zach, with his intense knowledge for cars, has helped me when it came to choosing my car up to the maintenance and what not.
We all help each other out in one way or another and after it’s all through, we sit down, sometimes we drink and we talk and share our stories from our very different lives while playing some awesome music in the background!
It’s great that I have friends like them because it makes you realize that not everyone is what you think they are and that’s really the amazing thing about life. Sometimes it can be ironic, sometimes it can be unfair but if you think about it… it’s always magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment