Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Avoid Frustration With Ringtones

Since I started my download site, I’ve created thousands of ringtones that are readily available for everyone. These tones can be categorized as free and paid tones that anyone can have access to. Sometimes, it can get frustrating when you’ve created something and thought that it will be a hit and suddenly turns out to be a bust.

When creating ringtones, I really never think of whether the particular tone will be downloaded the most or not. What I really care about is doing what I love, and that is to create ringtones. However, there are times when you’re working on something that you really loved and have placed so much effort into its creation, and ended up not being downloaded by anyone.

This was also the case when I started my download site. It was only made to showcase my ringtones and  have them in downloadable format. Most of my downloaders know that I never charged a dime for most of my creations. However, there were these exceptional tones I made, which are being sold for less than a dollar.

It was never my intention to sell premium ringtones. Unfortunately, maintaining my download site required some cash, and I needed to charge a small amount for some tones to keep my site up and running. A couple of months after selling premium tones, I’ve managed to maintain my site and keep it funded until next year. These premium downloads also gave me the chance to maintain my lifestyle, which is not more than a few bucks every day.

If there is one very important lesson that I’ve learned from ringtone creation, it is to never expect anything when you work on something. If you are passionate with what you do, make sure that you are going to do everything to make it the best that you can possibly make. Being passionate with what you do, ensures that you’ll never get frustrated with the result, because the process of creation is what you enjoy the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment